10th April 2019 – Content will continue to be added (slowly)
Content still to be added:
- Santa Paula to Watsonville via Salinas
- Watsonville to Placerville via Lodi
- Placerville to Carson City
- Lake Tahoe flight with Paul and Loretta Hamilton, Marie and Travis.
- Carson City to Elko
- Elko to Stanford, via Jackpot, Hazelton, Bear Trap, McCarley and Rexburg
- Stanford to Black Hills via Yellowstone, Gardiner and Woltermann memorial
- Black Hills to Madison via Chamberlain
- Madison to Oshkosh via Viroqua
- Oshkosh to Youngstown via Starke Co and Bellefontaine
- Youngstown to St Marys via Clarion
- St Marys to Linden via Arner Memorial
- Video and additional images for previously published pages
- Coast 1 …… Check
- Coast 2 …… Check
- Coast 3 …… Check
The BZIM’s wing over the Atlantic Ocean
The BZIM is now, at it’s final destination airport, Linden Airport, New Jersey.
The BZIM finals 9 Linden. New York Skyline on left
A final flight will take place tomorrow, up and down the Hudson VFR corridor, landing back at Linden, weather permitting. 🙂
The BZIM at Linden New Jersey
Arriving Oshkosh, landing 27 with winds 15kts gusting 21kts.
The BZIM is now parked at the Hilton
The BZIM’S feeling the cold this morning.
Currently 0640 at Stanford Field (U02) waiting for the frost to melt off the BZIM’S wing and for fog to lift from Yellowstone.
Winds 10mph from the north, so it feels colder than the -1’C reported…
Hoping to be clear of the highest Rockies by today. Thunderstorms forecast for Yellowstone this afternoon.
Tuesday 1st May. 11:50am
Short update. Waved off by Ben at Elko. Fantastic person who helped considerably the previous afternoon. Ben, a local, long time pilot with some amazing aviation stories from the local area. Thanks for your help sir!
Diverted into Jackpot airport as a snow shower is obscuring the path ahead. A stronger than forecast tailwind has got me to this area sooner than expected.
Craters of the moon National park is looking iffy unless the cloud-base lifts.