Catching up ….
Wednesday April 25th 2018.
Breakfast today was at the airport Flight 126 cafe. Obviously very popular. It was busy when I arrived and busier when I left. Portion size’s are large!
Henry’s Bumble Bee Revo and the BZIM
A tight squeeze
Santa Paula airport is a fantastic little airport with a real friendly vibe. Many interesting aircraft are flown from this popular private airport.
Peggy Watson-Meinke and husband run a hot air balloon flight experience company called StarLite Balloon flights based on the airfield. Peggy’s hanger is next to where the BZIM was staying, in Henry’s hanger. Jealously, I learned, not only do they operate their business from the airport, but they actually live at the airport, in the hanger. This isn’t a unique set-up I was told, but it was sure a new one to me. This allows people to live, breath and sleep their passion. I thank Peggy for showing me her home, allowing me to take some pictures and for showing me round the Aviation Museum on the airfield, that was actually closed during my visit.
Me, the BZIM and a fantastic host and friend Henry
Haze and low cloud towards the coastline had been a feature since arriving at Santa Paula, but with conditions due to improve later in the afternoon, it was now time to hit the Pacific coast, with Henry and his “Bumble Bee” Revo.
Henry catching up
Sports pitches are great if you ever get lost
More of Ventura
Over that Pacific north of Ventura
Santa Barbara marina
Henry downwind Santa Paula
Seeing two whales and calf during the return leg from Santa Barbara was the icing on the cake of another fantastic day!
Henry catching up
Over that coast north of Ventura
Henry and Santa Paula
10th April 2019 – Content will continue to be added (slowly)
Content still to be added:
- Santa Paula to Watsonville via Salinas
- Watsonville to Placerville via Lodi
- Placerville to Carson City
- Lake Tahoe flight with Paul and Loretta Hamilton, Marie and Travis.
- Carson City to Elko
- Elko to Stanford, via Jackpot, Hazelton, Bear Trap, McCarley and Rexburg
- Stanford to Black Hills via Yellowstone, Gardiner and Woltermann memorial
- Black Hills to Madison via Chamberlain
- Madison to Oshkosh via Viroqua
- Oshkosh to Youngstown via Starke Co and Bellefontaine
- Youngstown to St Marys via Clarion
- St Marys to Linden via Arner Memorial
- Video and additional images for previously published pages